Monday, February 25, 2013

DIY Coat Rack made out of pallet wood and dresser knobs

Hello All!
I recently made a coat rack out of pallet wood and fancy dresser knobs.

Supplies:

  • Piece of wood (I got mine from a pallet in my mom's barn, but keep your eyes open pallets are EVERYWHERE.)
  • Dresser knobs (I bought mine at Hobby Lobby, the average price was between $2.99-$5.99. When I went they were 50% off, so wait to make sure they are on sale! You can also find fancy dresser knobs at Anthropologie and World Market, but they might be pricey.)
  • Drill
  • Marker
  • Rotary cutter or metal cutter (I used my brother-in-law's metal cutter in his shop.)

How I did it:
First, I marked with a permanent marker where I wanted my knobs. Then I went out to my brother-in-law's shop and cut down my knobs with a metal cutter (you can use a rotary cutter) so they would fit in the wood and not stick out on the other side. Once I cut all of my knobs down to size, I drilled holes in the wood where I marked with the marker and then stuck my knobs in the holes. After that I put hooks on the back of the wood and hung it up! I love it!









Here is what it looks like in my apartment.

Happy Crafting!
Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment